Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just thinking

Where have all the G-rated movies gone? In the past year, have there been any G-rated movies? I think the only G-rated movies have been Disney's Earth and the Hannah Montana movie. I have been kind of wanting to take my kids to a movie but I keep thinking that there's got to be a G-rated one come around but no. We rented Disney Earth when it came out on video and the boys love, love, loved it. So too bad we didn't take them to see that one in the theater. At the time Mark and I hadn't seen it and I didn't know if it would hold the boys' attention well enough for the theater.

Speaking of G-rated movies, my boys watched Meet the Robinsons last week. We own it so they've seen it a few times, but the end of the movie still gets me teary-eyed (at the least.) The boy has a family and they love him and the music is playing:

"Let it go. Let it roll right off your shoulder. Don't you know, that the hardest part is over? Let it in. Let your clarity define you. In the end, we will only just remember how it feels."

Wow. Come on, anyone with me?

Also, some pet peeves:

When people don't know how to use apostrophe's or "quotes." (Hint: don't use them like I just did.)

Email forwards that say things like, "If you believe in God pass this on. If not, delete it. Oh, please. If you are trying to make me feel guilty I will delete you and not feel guilty about it.

I recently was looking over some old pictures and examined this one from Memorial Day of this year. Nobody seemed to pick up on this at the time, but check out which shirt Mark wore to the cemetery:


Yes. Vultures. Smooth one, sweetheart. Now we officially have a list of shirts we will ban from wearing at the cemetery. I wouldn't have thought we needed a list but apparently, we need a list, even if it only includes this one shirt.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Highschool Musical Three was G-rated, although with those short skirts that surprized me a little.

Amanda, David and Iris Linae said...

That is sooo hilarious! I literally laughed out loud when I read your post about the vulture shirt. Kudos!

Larry and Karri said...

Yup - I totally hear you on the movie thing! It's so hard to find a good clean movie to watch these days. However, we've discovered & really enjoy using RedBox once in a while. (in conjunction with screenit.com) There's only so many PG movies on there to rent, but we like that it's cheap. :)