Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things I Love About Having a House

After five years of marriage, we finally have:


Our own recycling bin
Finally I do not have to feel guilty about not recycling.


A backyard
We have property of our very own, all nicely fenced in and COMPLETELY free of dog poop. I do not have to worry any more about my toddler grabbing a "rock" and sticking it into his mouth!


No shared walls
If my kids are screaming no one will hear them but me. That takes some of the stress out of it anyway.


Parking
We just got a new garage door and an opener installed. Instead of walking fifty yards to my front door, it is now about five steps away. This makes a HUGE difference when both of your children have managed to fall asleep on a warm summer day. Gone are the days when I have to make this decision: "Okay, who gets to stay in the car with the doors locked while I try to quickly (and gently) race the other one across the parking lot, into the house, up the stairs and in his room while the other one sweats it out in his sleep?"


My precious kitchen counters
Is there really any more to say? I have at least TEN times the counter space. I can actually leave the toaster on the counter when it's not in use. Wow.


Separate bedrooms for the little guys
We all sleep much better now.


Two bathrooms
If you've ever found yourself brushing your teeth while someone else was sitting on the pot, you'll understand why this is such a big deal.


Watching grass grow


Outdoor toys can stay outdoors when they're not being used


We can gather more than six people around the dinner table at one time
Now we have only ourselves to blame if we aren't social.

4 comments:

simplyshye said...

You are soooo cute ! I love it ! All of those make sense to me :-)
Miss you tons !! So glad you are having a fun time in your new home ! love you - love you -shye

The Allen's said...

yay i loved your new house!!! that yard is fantastic. i like that garage thing to for the heat and getting into your car. love ya.

Amanda, David and Iris Linae said...

I am so happy for you!!

cheerlubber said...

TWO bathrooms?!?!
:0