Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fun Times at the Smith House

What else am I going to do at 12:30 am when Owen is refusing to go to sleep? At least he's happy, just chilling out with me while I do some blogging. Actually, he's falling asleep for about two minutes at a time, waking up, and then falling asleep again. The normal routine is to have him fall asleep in his bed, but there are times when he falls asleep just fine on his own only to wake up 20 minutes later. Over and over. It's been one of those nights.

And, it's about time I get that big picture of myself off of the top of my blog.

So, I happened to turn on the last 15 minutes of the Rachael Ray Show while I nursed Owen the other day. Dallin came and joined me as Rachael did her cooking segment. She announced what she was making: mac and cheese cheeseburgers. I grimaced. Dallin perked up.

"Maybe we can watch how she makes them and then we can make them?" he asked excitedly. And of course, that is what we did.

Photobucket

Another picture of me on the top of the post?

Photobucket

Strange idea, mixing cooked pasta and cheese cubes into the burgers, but they were better than expected. But anything tastes better when your sous chefs are this cute.

Photobucket

Also cute, Adam has long outgrown the trampoline we make him sleep on:

Photobucket
Or actually, Mark humored him the other night when Adam asked if he could sleep on it. Why not?

3 comments:

Jennie said...

What a cute post. I laughed about the mac n cheese burgers and the trampoline. What a good mom you are, helping those boys learn the skills and joys of cooking.

grandma kathleen said...

They are beautiful boys! I'm happy to know life is so good for you.

Tanya Leigh said...

Cute stuff! Interesting recipe... Maybe I'll give it a try?