Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kindergarten!

Dallin started school today.  He was so excited and so ready.  And so cute.  He chose to wear his shirt we bought in San Diego so when I did his hair I told him I'd make it look like a wave to go with his San Diego shirt.
Dallin is such a smart kid and I am looking forward to him getting the opportunity to learn some new things at school.  He loves to learn.  His preschool years he has either been taught by me or in joy school where other moms have rotated turns to teach.  This is his first experience getting outside of the home for school.  It was easy to see him go to school though because we actually considered putting him in kindergarten last year since his birthday is in September.  We decided to wait another year so kindergarten has been on my mind and his mind for a long time now.  It's time.  Plus, it's only half day: 2 1/2 hours.

Here are Dallin and Adam in front of the school:


We got out of the car and started walking across the front of the campus toward the kindergarten playground and Adam started yelling into space, "Get out of here you crazy neighborhood!!"  I've heard him yell this before a long while ago but hadn't heard it since.  Pretty soon both Dallin and Adam were yelling pretty loudly, "Get out of here you crazy neighborhood!!"  Other parents that were walking their kids into school were laughing at us.  I asked Dallin what that was suppose to mean and he reminded me that they were yelling at the cicada bugs that were really loud around the school.  That must have been the last time I heard it: last cicada season.

Gotta love these kids.

2 comments:

DT Young Family said...

Very Cute! Love the hair.

Tanya Leigh said...

WOOHOO!! ... Look out, world - it's Dallin SMITH! :) (adorable)

and the cicada story is awesome.