Sunday, July 25, 2010

Owen's One

Owen had a birthday on the thirteenth.  We were in San Diego and spent his birthday at Sea World.  He seemed to have a good day at Sea World at least.  A couple of days ago we had our family over for his party.

We borrowed the baby gate from some friends and bought some balls to go in it for a ball party.

Banner...

Birthday cake...


Cousins...

Family...

We're so grateful for our family and how many awesome people our boys have to love them.

My little Owen.  I was really happy that at Owen's last doctor visit he weighed in the 5th percentile.  The last couple of visits he has been below the charts and I have been worried about making sure he eats enough.  He's still scrawny, but gaining weight.  He is not walking yet, but he is just starting to try and sign one or two things.  He shakes his hands for "all done" and says, "dah dah" although so far he's just copying me when I do it.  When I sign more he claps his hands and says, "mah."  He is good at throwing and likes to grab a ball out of the ball pit, stand up, and throw it and repeat.  He is eating mostly table foods now and loves beans, salmon, bread, cheese, and berries.  When we hold a sippy cup or bottle for him to drink he will take a few swallows then swat the cup out of his face really fast, look around, then he's ready for some more until he swats it away again.  Mark and I like to joke he's saying, "Get that thing outta my face!" from Nacho Libre.

And because I couldn't resist, a few more cake shots.  It's my favorite part of a first birthday, can you blame me?

5 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, man! That last cake shot is just plain awesome :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OWEN!

*woah, that went FAST!!!*

Elaine said...

So cute!! Happy birthday to your little boy!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Allygrace said...

So cute! He is adorable!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Happy Birthday Owen!!!

Janet said...

I found your blog from reading about you on Mormon.org. Love the pictures of your darling family!!
What a great picture for the heading to your blog!
Janet