Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Buying a Home!!

So yes, we are finally buying a home of our very own! YEAH! We should close on the home in about two weeks and plan to be moved by the end of the month. Of course we are sad to leave all of our nearby friends, but we are looking forward to having our own home, and a backyard for our boys, a kitchen that has counterspace, and some room (if only a little) for company. Give us a couple of weeks into May then STOP BY (though I'm not bold enough to post the address here...you'll have to call)!


Here's a picture of my kitchen:
We actually went to see this home months and months ago, towards the end of last year. We saw it once and really loved it but it was a bit out of our price range. So, we hoped the price would go down and looked at other houses. After a few months we saw many more homes and nothing that we liked as much. The house was still on the market but the price hadn't dropped so we decided we'd be silly not to at least make an offer that we could afford, even if it was rejected. It was rejected. But, two days later the seller's agent called our agent and after a little negotiating, the rest is history!
By the time we had the inspection done we had only seen the house one time, and that was four months prior so I was actually a little worried that things were not going to be quite as great as I remembered. But, to my surprise, the house seemed even more beautiful than I remembered. After the inspector left and we were there with just our agent I remember laying on this counter you see in the front of the kitchen and stretching my arms out. I could not even reach the edges of the counter. I was so excited since the counter space in our townhome was divided into one to two foot portions around the kitchen.

3 comments:

simplyshye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
simplyshye said...

I'm sooo excited for you and not so much for me !! This will be so fabulous for your sweet family ! I will miss you !! But we will still do our dinners every few months for the next bazillion years ? Right ! That's the plan :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a great home! Where is it?! Congratulations! That looks perfect! Email me and tell me about it!