Friday, December 19, 2008

Last Weekend

This weekend we took a trip to El Paso, Texas for the marriage of my sister Amanda to David Munoz.
Photobucket

It was a great trip and a great thing to see my sister get married. She is so happy and her wedding was unique and beautiful.

My parents and ALL of my siblings together--a rare thing indeed.
Photobucket

Aunt Kerami (my sister) dancing with Dallin and his cousins Iris, Madeline, and Savannah.
Photobucket

Dallin pinning a dollar on Amanda for the dollar dance.
Photobucket

Here is a photo of Adam's short appearance at the wedding reception. There is a long story here, in which Mark is the hero, but I will leave it to Mark to tell since he deserves to tell it--blood, vomit, poop, and all. At the end of the day at least there were some great wedding nachos for Adam to enjoy.

Photobucket

Our family and my sister Dawn's family got connecting rooms at the hotel and enjoyed bouncing from one room to the other while the kids played together. I loved seeing my kids playing with their cousins, especially their older cousins. Jack and Wyatt are 10 and 12 and yet they still had a fun time playing with my two and four year olds. There is something heart-warming about that.
Photobucket

On the way home we stopped by my Aunt and Uncle, Lisa and Jason's farm in New Mexico. They had a large greenhouse with tomatoes, cucumbers, and strawberries. The tomatoes grow around a wire that is connected to the ceiling. Photobucket
I thought the cherry tomatoes were especially cool. Notice how neat they grow in two nice rows and how they ripen from the top, fading from a ripe red to a bright green.
Photobucket
The small greenhouse grows mainly lettuce, cabbage, and spices. Notice how these styrofoam pots stack to the heavens around a pole and the plants peak out the exposed triangles.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mom's da Bomb! said...

A great synopsis in picture of the past weekend. It was really cool to see the pictures of Jason and Lisa's farm. I've never had the chance to go there. I'll bet the kids really loved the hypertall vegie plants.

And Amanda and David's wedding. It is great to see Amanda so happy. It was a beautiful wedding, with spectacular food, and a really great party! It was such fun to get to have our early "Christmas" too. What a special weekend we all had.

Brittney said...

Hey Marily thank you for commenting on my blog. If Mark could find something for Dusty that would be great!!!!!!!! We are struggling and need a job! Honestly Dusty just needs something to make money. No career thing. Something he can do while he goes to school full time! He just needs something part time and the days he can work are tues, wed, and thurs, and maybe some saturdays. Let me know if Mark knows of anything or finds anything! We would really appreciate it! Thank you so much. If you have any other questions for me just let me know.

cheerlubber said...

I just had to comment on this: his red jacket is WAY rad.
xD