Monday, June 22, 2009

This summer has been good to me

May and June have had the most beautiful weather I can remember in my entire life of living in Arizona. I can't complain--not even at eight months pregnant I can't complain. Seems like spring lasted from February 'til the end of June. This week may get to 110 degrees, but don't forget: we had spring this year. We spent lots of time outside enjoying the weather and picnicking in the front yard in the shade of our olive tree. This weather has been a pregnant lady's dream come true.


And even better things are set to happen in just three weeks from today. My friend Nikki helped me can some meat to have on hand for easy meals for after the little guy makes his appearance.





And last weekend we enjoyed two of my favorite things combined: chips and salsa and good friends. (Chips and salsa together make one thing. It's only fair.) We had a salsa party at our house the other week with old friends from Westwood High. It was kind of funny that six out of the seven people that brought salsa brought green salsa. No pics of the salsas, sorry.

Here we are gathered outside to watch the kids hit the pinata. We sure have grown. So many little kids!That pregnant one in the above picture is my good friend Kathryn. We have the same OB doctor and for a good few months we were scheduling our doctor visits at about the same time so we'd see each other in the office. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the two of us pregnant together. I thought I had more time, but Kathryn had her twins a little earlier than expected. So no, we will not be in the hospital together having our babies together. But once all three of our babies are old enough, we'll have to do a little photo shoot.

Sometimes it seems like everyone has boys. Then I get together with these friends and realize that's not the case. Good thing my friends are having girls because my boys will eventually need some high-quality ones to hang out with. Here's a shot of our girl-to-boy ratio at the party. Little girls outnumbering the little boys is not something I am use to seeing.




Another thing that made me smile: The other day I left the boys playing while I took a shower. When I came out of the restroom I saw my tennis shoes and a clean pair of socks right outside the door, just waiting to be put on. Dallin pulled the shoes out while I was in the shower, picked out some socks from my drawer, and laid them nicely ready for my feet. I was impressed with his thoughtfulness, being four years old and all.



Can't wait for the what else this summer has in store for me. Especially a little person that's rumored to be coming to stay with us in July!

3 comments:

jeremyandcariss said...

so great to hear all about your busy-ness. i know you are in the home stretch, hang in there! we are back and forth this summer, may be able to hook up sometime. know when you finally get that little bundle it is amazingly awesome but also, that you miss having him all to yourself! i can't wait to meet him either-let me know if i can help in any way-love ya!

Mom's da Bomb! said...

Hey, I almost forgot - it is so cool to see all of you who were such great friends in high school still hanging out. It's also amazing how - in just a few short years - you guys have made quite a major contribution to the next generation. How many children total do you all currently have - including Baby Boy Smith?

Carrie Brown said...

The weather has been amazing for June! And I love canned meat. Good idea for after the baby. And count on us for bringing you dinner!