Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun things happen when Iris is in town



Our niece, Iris, is probably Dallin's favorite person in the world. For good reason too. She is sweet, caring, helpful, and mature enough that she can put up with Dallin's little quirks and they both get along great.

Iris was at our house for five days while my sister and her husband went to Las Vegas with some of his family. They live in El Paso so they dropped off Iris to stay with us halfway to Vegas.

It's always fun when Iris is here. For instance, simple things like this:


Turn into this:


And of course having a guest over makes good reason to go swimming, visit Tempe's Splash Playground a couple of times, go out for dinner, and get frozen yogurt.

Look at Adam go!
It's hard to resist when Iris asks if we can get frozen yogurt like we did the last time she was here. I mean, there are certain things that are worth making traditions of, and I sure want her to have good memories of coming to visit our family. Not that frozen yogurt is everything, but well, sometimes it kind of seems like it.We took the opportunity to let Iris in on one of our yearly traditions: buying flag T-shirts from Old Navy.
And in case after all this you still need more proof that magical things happen when Iris is around take a look at what happens when Iris spills her milk:
No set up. No kidding.

On a related note, I overheard Dallin singing a song of mourning for Iris while he was in the bathroom today. I didn't catch it all but it was slow and sad and repeated things like "I am so sad that Iris is gone" and "Why does she have to live in Texas?"
We love you Iris and we miss you already!

3 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Marily,
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and speaking up! I love connecting via blog. And congrats on such a beautiful family. Your boys are adorable and you must be excited for another! (I'm partial to little men myself). Say hi to Mark for me will ya? I look forward to keeping up with you guys on the blog; )

Emily Ruth said...

ok, so i just spent more time than i want to admit delving into your archives and i just have to say, we should be friends.
everything from your thoughts on El Pato and no preschool, to politics and being an anti-Twilight, i am right there with you! so if you're not totally creeped out, stop by my blog again sometime. i'll make virtual lemonade for ya.
emily

Amanda, David and Iris Linae said...

Oh WOW! This is the sweetest thing I have ever read! It means the world to me that you guys have such a special relationship with Iris. She misses you guys too. We all do, so much. I'll try to get back into the habit of blogging. I'm just not a super blogger like you I guess! We love you!