Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two Months

Photobucket

When Owen first smiled at me it was only one side of his mouth. It was a couple of weeks ago now but I remember exactly where we were when he smiled and I remember feeling a rush of love and joy for my little baby. It was a moment where I felt the swell of tears coming to my eyes and I held them back. Why did I hold them back?

Owen is such a joy to us. I remember the days after he was born and after we returned home from the hospital as one of the greatest times of my life. I might attribute some of it to post-baby hormones because I was also very emotional. Mostly, I think it was a beautiful blessing to feel so close to my Heavenly Father after welcoming another one of his children to the earth. It was a blessing too that I was really only experiencing the post-pardum highs and none of the lows this time. I felt gratitude deep in my heart constantly those days. I had a clearer vision of what is important in this life. I feel those things now too, but the moments come in instances instead of constant feelings.


Less-thoughtful writing:

Owen is doing much, much better sleeping at night now. We still haven't quite managed to get him on a predictable schedule for the entire day. Generally, the day starts out well and he takes great naps until sometime in the afternoon or evening when he wakes up early from a nap and then he has a hard time going to sleep from then on. By nightime he is overtired and has a hard time settling down and staying asleep. But, by the time he does get to sleep he sleeps really well and only wakes once, or sometimes not at all, during the night. And now he is going right back to bed in the middle of the night after he eats, so I really can't complain.

Tuesday we take a triple-visit to the doctor. Owen's two-month visit, Dallin and Adam's yearly checkup. Should be a rodeo.

3 comments:

Bret said...

Isn't it amazing how a little baby can bring so much joy to everyone around them? It's fun checking in on you guys. Miss ya-

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous picture of you two. So sweet! You are an exceptional mom.
Kasha

✩Molly✩ said...

you look so beatiful. :) its these kinds of pictures, that kids cherish for a lifetime.