Tuesday, September 22, 2009

why not celebrate all them boys

Birthday season has come to an end. Until next year. Owen was blessed Sunday, September 20th, so we had a family party Saturday night for all of the fellas in da house. We've had a family party every September I think since Dallin's first birthday, so this has been a fun tradition. But now with a July birthday that kind of changes the game just a little. So we'll see what happens next year. Also Saturday morning we had a very small party for our 3-year-old. Dallin has had parties for the last couple of years with his friends and now that Adam is old enough we had a party just for him. We asked Dallin whether he wanted a small party or if he'd rather take one friend and go someplace fun. He chose to go to Jump and Shout. And maybe I am a bit preoccupied trying to make sure things are fair for my second child. How do you make sure every child feels just as appreciated and loved? I think I will struggle with this forever. I feel guilty that Dallin is more often getting the new clothes and things and Adam gets the hand-me-downs. And darn it, Adam's birthday is even after Dallin's and Mark's in September. By the time Adam's birthday comes around I find myself almost wanting to be done with birthdays and I have to work extra hard to make sure Adam gets just as much attention for his birthday. We started perhaps a new tradition where we decorate the birthday boy's door on his birthday. (And Maria, if you've happened across our blog then yes, I stole this idea from you. And now you know I secretly have read your blog and if you've found ours then now is the time to say so:))

Dallin got his door decorated too but tore it all down right away to get to the toys and candy before I could get a picture. Here is Adam in front of his door which is only halfway torn down. Mark and I agree that this picture of Adam captures his personality well.
Photobucket

We were so fortunate to have such great support from our family at Owen's blessing. During the blessing I of course got a bit emotional, and a lot of the emotion was due to thinking about how blessed Owen is to have such great people around him who love him.

Here's our little family
Photobucket

And Baby Owen...
Photobucket

With Dad:
Photobucket

Four generations:

Photobucket

Owen is smiling more and more each day. Pretty much an awesome sight. You understand?
Photobucket

There is a baby shower at my house this weekend so I can't relax quite yet. But soon, very soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um can I steal the decorate the door idea? I am not sure who Maria is so I will give the credit to you. Also, Owen is absolutely adorable.

simplyshye said...

Such a GreAT idEA bout the dOOr ! loVE it ;-)
MarilY - You LOOK BEautiFUL - you ARe an aMaZiNG PerSON - miSS you !

mishalee said...

He's so darn cute! So are you.