Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Last of 2009

Here we go. We'd better finish off last year before it's December again.

This December...

We posed like a little model in our dirty bib.
Photobucket

We hired servants to work around the house for Christmas money. (And no, our kitchen is not usually this clean--I won't show you what it looks like now, for instance.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

We watched Santa arrive in a helicopter.
Photobucket

We noticed Adam's eyes are kind of starting to look green.
Photobucket
We snuggled under covers.
Photobucket
We worried our little brother.
This picture is pretty telling because Adam wants to give Owen hugs and kisses probably six to ten times in a day and Owen isn't always happy about it.
Photobucket
We enjoyed the long-awaited harvest of our five tangerines and five tangelos. I was worried that some teenagers would walk by our front yard and destroy these little guys before we had a chance to eat them, but they all survived.
Photobucket
Here I am relishing in my childhood dream coming true. Photobucket
I never had dreams about what I wanted my wedding to be like or how many children I would have, but I new I wanted my own citrus trees when I grew up. Actually, my friend Rebekah's family had some and they let me get fruit at my pleasure, so I sometimes would sneak over there in the early morning or night and take some oranges off their tree and replace the trees with bananas or pears or little stuffed animals or whatnot.

We had a very nice Christmas.
"Thomas the Train!"
Adam had plenty of wooden trains before, but he got another set to add on for Christmas. He has been playing with his trains for hours every day since Christmas.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Owen says, "What? You must have spent like twenty bucks on me."
Photobucket

We kind of got deja vu after seeing this picture.

Christmas day 2009. Owen and Grandma Smith
Photobucket
Christmas day 2006. Adam and Grandma Smith
Photobucket

We kept finding the little guy with socks stuck in his mouth. Photobucket
Dallin laughed for several minutes straight when he saw this. Owen grabs the socks off his feet then tries to eat them.

We um, took this picture.
Photobucket

And this one.
Photobucket

We did some fun Christmasy stuff.
Photobucket

And spent some time with family.
Photobucket
Mark's aunt Penny who lives in Colorado was in town so we took the opportunity to get his grandma and all the daughters (including Mark's mom) together to do a video interview. It's always a blast when these ladies get together, and inevitably they end up crying from laughing too hard. I don't know if we got that on video, but we got some good stories about their growing up.

And that, dear folks is about all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARILY! Jesse Johnson here, remember from JR HIGH/HS (you made that list of funny sayings from throughout the year "biddo, biddo, biddo", "we're quiet?", etc =P)! HAHA, such good times! anyway, just wanted to say hello. you have a beautiful family, and you seem so happy. very cool =D

Kathryn said...

Funny that Jesse Johnson said hi. Biddo, biddo, biddo. I forgot that one. He was a good guy. One to always laugh when we were doing stupid things.

Citrus. Hurray for citrus. I know we have full grown trees in our backyard, but like you I always dreamed of planting fruit bearing trees. So I feel pretty attached to the new citrus we planted in our front yard. I plotted what I would do if I found a kid picking our tangelos. Good thing I never had to carry out my plot. When we picked our first crop and they were on our our counter I wanted to hug them. They were so beautiful.

Marily - thanks for being such a good friend and example.