Sunday, March 14, 2010

It was a good weekend

Pictures from Friday:





Words from Saturday:

On Saturday Mark took Dallin and Adam to work at the church farm early in the morning. He woke up at 5:00am and I got up shortly after that to help get the boys ready and into the car. They were suppose to be at the farm at 6:30 and it's an hour or so away. We were all going to go then we figured I wouldn't be much use anyways since I'd have to feed Owen sometime and hold him while I worked. So it ended up being a Dad and sons activity. The job was shoveling mud out of some ditches at the farm. Mark brought the boys' shovels and also one for himself though he ended up loaning his out because he was too busy supervising the boys, teaching them how to shovel, and taking Adam to find a secluded spot to go potty outside every twenty minutes.

Did I tell you I like being a mom? I made hot chocolate for the boys and brought it to the car that morning before they left. It was dark and cold and early and they thought I was the greatest. Then Dad drove them to the farm to teach them how to work. We're not a perfect family, but every now and then we get things right.

They came back later that morning and Dallin and Adam spent most of the day outside playing with the neighbors. We have a great neighborhood and there are often kids playing outside which Dallin especially loves. He is a social guy.

The weather was perfect. When the weather is nice I can't help but have a great day. Plus, Owen had a great long naps and Mark got our doorbell fixed. So now can be better hosts and not make people think we are hiding from them.

Then today as I was writing this post a couple of kids in the neighborhood knocked on the door. They are having a contest at school collecting plastic bags for recycling. I asked them if they were sure that they wanted ALL of my plastic bags and they said yes. So, I unloaded on them and that made me happy. In our laundry closet, the area between the wall and the dryer (about a foot wide)has been the place where I stow used plastic bags. I know I should get some reusable bags, but I do at least recycle my bags. Or, I do when I get around to it. The bags were smushed in that area up to level with the clothes dryer. I was a little embarrassed but happy to get them off my hands. And, the neighbor kids told me I was their best customer.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love that, "we're not a perfect family, but every now and then we get things right."

Tanya Leigh said...

Were those bags "smooshed" like Owen's cheeks in those pictures??

Priceless. :)

Marily said...

The neighbor kids counted the bags we gave them. I don't remember the exact number, but it started with 500!