Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some Photos and Stuff

Here's the ever-popular catch-up post. 

The boys were over at a neighbor's house on voting day.  I hadn't voted yet so I took the opportunity to take just one kid with me to the polls.  On the way back it started to sprinkle.  By the time I got into the house it was raining and soon it was pouring.  Then it actually hailed for a couple of minutes.  It was 110 degrees that day and a couple of hours later ice was falling from the sky.  After the storm calmed down I called my friend to let her know my boys were welcome to go outside and play in the rain.  Her kids came outside as well.  Did I tell you that I love my neighborhood?




Owen had to watch most of it from inside.


Then it cleared up and we got to go out.


Adam is doing Joy School with a few neighbor kids.  There are four kids and the moms take turns teaching preschool.  All of them are almost four, with Adam's birthday next week and the others turning four the same week in October.  A couple of weeks ago preschool was at our house.

Here are the kids doing a sorting activity with beans, rice, pasta, and cheerios.  This kept them interested for a really long time.


This is chocolate pudding "finger painting"


Did you see Owen back there?

He got in on the action as well.

This summer we have been participants with Kaboom in a challenge to visit 50 parks or playspaces around our town.  Tomorrow is our very last park!! If you have any questions about Mesa parks, feel free to ask. :)

Here's Dallin at Quail Run Park:

Owen is a different kid now than he was when we started this challenge in the beginning of July.  At that time he would mostly play in the sand or I'd push him in a swing.  Now he is up and all over the playground equipment, crawling around, climbing up, and even sliding down slides of his own accord. 


At Red Mountain Park:


And someone special (the older guy) had a birthday last week.  I have the greatest husband.  Amazing, I tell ya.


The boys helped me come up with "33 Things We Love About You" for Mark and we wrote them on balloons that we threw around the house.


This is what Owen does when Daddy gets home from work:


And a short video of some of Owen's first steps. 


This was taken about 2 weeks ago. He is getting more and more confident all the time! He's walking of his own accord now and can get pretty far before he falls down. Could there be anything cuter?  I submit that there cannot.

2 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

Such cute boys!! Oh my goodness!! Yeah, Kathryn said she knew Brian and I'm going to apologize for his beard because I know HE didn't and will never do so. I DID know your sister though.... LOVE Lachelle. And I knew Kathryn's sister, Karyn, as well. Small world. :)

Tanya Leigh said...

What a sweet idea for Mark's birthday! You are quite the creative gal, Marily. -- and what's better: you follow through with so many of these ideas!