Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Westwood Reunion

Warriors through and through.  Mark class of '96, Marily class of 2000.

This last weekend was my high school 10 year reunion.  Time to catch up with old friends and see people I haven't seen for years.  It was a long, fun, weekend packed with three different events.  On Friday night was the family event.  My friend Kathryn put it together.  She asked me a couple of months ago if she decided to put a family event together for the reunion if I would be interested in helping.  I said something like, "uh.....maybe?"  So, I wasn't the most supportive friend because frankly, life has been kinda crazy lately.  But I helped out a bit. She had a great idea for a photo booth at the event and the photo above was taken by a fellow classmate in the photography business.

Saturday lunchtime we went to a pool party with a smaller group of Westwood Warriors.  After our senior year of high school several of us drove to the outskirts of town and buried a time capsule to be opened in 10 years.  Our friend Thomas was pretty technologically savvy at the time because he had a GPS to coordinate the whereabouts of the capsule.  Ten years later it was dug up and hauled back to the pool.  I got back a couple of Westwood soccer memorabilia, several photos from school dances, my high school IDs and a letter I wrote to myself.  It's a lot about where I wanted to be in ten years and fortunately I didn't disappoint myself. Go me.
Amanda, Kathryn and me at the pool.  Picture swiped from Kathryn's blog.  (We should have gotten a group shot with everyone, dangit)
Back in junior high, at one time it was just the three of us.  Eventually we made some other good friends, then even got brave enough to sit with the boys at lunchtime.  It started with the group of girls sitting next to the group of boys then one day we devised an infiltration.  At the signal we all got up and each squeezed in between a couple of guys until we were no longer girls on one side boys on the other.  Big step.

That night was the actual reunion. Our friend Josh (the night's photographer) handed his camera off to Kim to take this photo:

And yes, here is a picture actually from my very own camera:  See?  Mark was there too.
Go Warriors!

1 comment:

Karen said...

A time capsule is such a creative idea! I wish I had done something like that. You have such a beautiful family. :)