Friday, May 29, 2009

The Week in Photos

Remember a week ago last Thursday? A rainy, cool day in May? It was a strange reprieve from the weather. My kids were outside when I had deja vu. Then I realized why. Here's the picture from last week:

I searched on my blog and sure enough, I found the reason for my deja vu. Here's the post from May of last year. And here's last year's picture, also taken on the fourth Thursday in May (graduation day):


Funny. And, they each look a foot taller. Yikes!

That night (last Thursday) Mark's sister Stacey graduated from Mountain View. Great job Stacey, we love you! To our boys' other aunts: don't take this too seriously, but Stacey might be the favorite. And to Stacey: take it seriously, they think you're a blast. That makes the last of Mark's and my siblings to graduate from high school. Weird.



Last Friday we went with our friends the Browns to Chick-Fil-A for Western night. We owe it to Carrie and Thomas for our free dinner because they helped us with our costumes. Thanks guys!
Chocolate milk, a treat saved for Chick-Fil-A.Have you tried the cookies and cream milkshake? Come on, it's time.

For Memorial Day we get together at the Mesa cemetery with the Skousens--my Mom's side of the family. We travel from one area to the next cleaning off headstones of our ancestors. Here's our portion of the family behind my grandpa Skousen's grave. Whooo. Now we're caught up.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE the cookies and cream milkshake--I'm just really sad that they stopped happy hour. We did the cow appreciation day once, but haven't been on the ball since--it was a lot of fun though. I'm sure you guys had fun too!

Steph said...

LOVE the picture with your boys and the cow! Those cows at Chic FIl-a are so funny!