Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gotta Post 'Em

It's been a little while since I've done a real post. Life with three kids is a little busy. Don't ask me what I do all day. It's important stuff really, but a list of diapers, laundry, lunch, baby feedings isn't too exciting. But anyway, here are a few things that I haven't posted about.

Photobucket

This was Mark Thursday morning. He did an overnight at Chick-fil-A in Queen Creek last week to be one of the first 100 customers at the new store. He went with a friend he's done this with before a couple of years ago. The prize for the first 100 customers are certificates for 52 free meals.

So, just wondering....Can you get any cuter than this?

Photobucket

I submit that you cannot.

And those sweet, perfectly smooth baby cheeks are courtesy of my new dairy-free diet. I started to write a post about this weeks ago but it never got finished. Some title ideas I thought of were

"I always liked sorbet better anyway"

"Soy milk Schmoy milk"

Wait, I only have two. And neither is super. Oh well, maybe that's why the post never got published.

My sister's kids have dairy issues and I was suspicious that Owen did too. He was pretty unhappy in the late hours of the day and it was obvious his tummy was bothering him. Also, he had eczema all over his face and upper body for a good three or four weeks. Without my mentioning my suspicions, the doctor saw the eczema and thought it might have to do with my diet and maybe Owen couldn't tolerate milk products. Bummer. I went completely off for a couple of weeks and started to see some improvement. But then we had a new problem. When a large part of my diet was eliminated I wasn't getting enough calories and Owen was hungry. So, I thought maybe I could add in just a little dairy and maybe he could tolerate a little. But not really. So we're back to no dairy at all and we just spend some extra money on snacks for me. If anyone has done this before and has suggestions for getting more healthy calories in that would be great. Thank you very much.

Photobucket

For the last year or so I have been doing a playgroup rotation once a week with three other moms in the neighborhood who have kids Adam's age. Dallin is at a friends house when it's my turn. It is a lot of fun getting Adam's friends together and focusing on him and his friends for a while because it is usually Dallin who gets the friends over. This particular time we made a craft. The kids and I dubbed it a "rainbow dancer" because as you can see it is perfect for waving around to music.

Photobucket

Have you played Stratego? It's in the checkers/chess family of games. I got this Star Wars version for Mark sometime when we were newly married. Dallin has resurrected it. It took him several games to get the hang of it and he is still learning strategy and whatnot but it's fun to see him play a board game like this with his dad.

2 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Yay! It's good to see you posting again! (And, why haven't we actually SEEN each other for so long?!)

Looks like you guys have been having a good time! Way to go on your salsa & 3 month supply!!! ... could you post a picture of Owen's eczema? Jax has had baby acne pretty bad for a while, and I'm starting to wonder...

Thanks! :)

Tanya Leigh said...

bytheway, you crack me up!