Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Three Months

Take a look at my beautiful Owen.
Photobucket
He is three months old today.

Owen, I love you so, so much. I told your dad last night that there is nothing else I would rather see than your sweet little smile. The Grand Canyon, the Eiffel Tower, they've got nothing on you. It's true. Just today it seems like you've had a babbling breakthrough. You were talking up a storm to me today. My heart melts when I hear your little sounds.

Photobucket

Today might be one of the last days for this little outfit.

Photobucket

Here is what it use to look like on you just a couple of months ago:
Photobucket

So far you are my big eater. I'm hoping in another year or so you can teach Adam a thing or two at the dinner table. Right now I am loving your chunky little thighs. My boys have been (and are) generally scrawny, so it's fun that you have some rolls, be they ever so small. Along with your smile, they are also better than the Grand Canyon. Feeding you gives me the opportunity to examine them multiple times a day. I estimate that they are now six times as large as when you were newborn. Don't forget I majored in mathematics so that's no exaggeration.

4 comments:

simplyshye said...

MariLY -- yoUR so CuTE ! I WouLDa juST gueSSEd - but You knEW -- heHee 6 timES ;-)

He is DArLiNG - BeautiFUL - So SwEET !

RatalieNose said...

What a precious little one!
Chunky babies are THE BEST!

Brooklin Yazzie said...

Those are really great pictures!!!

jeremyandcariss said...

what a sweet little man you have. i am bummed i didn't get to see him a few weeks ago. we will have to plan on those frames sometime, although i never called you back-sorry! i also am feeling guilty not helping you out with diet. so i have really been thinking more and here are some ideas:
i lived on peanut butter bread
hummus is great ($1.99 for 8 oz. at f&e most weeks)
almond milk is much better than soy
lots and lots of fresh fruits and veggies (just no ranch dip-boo!)
chips and salsa
popcorn (orville redin-whatever has an amazing microwave one called simply salted-worth the price)
potato chips (guilty but much needed pleasure)
tortilla wraps with mayo, salsa, cubed chicken, avocado if you can find it, and some spinach (most mayo is okay-check the label, or you can get vegan mayo that's not bad, but again, pricey)
hunt up vegan choices and learn to love soy! the fact that they can make that stuff taste like anything is awesome!
don't forget your leafy greens or your calcium supplement. oj adds calcium to some of their varieties and tang is awesome!
keep it up. you are awesome. owen's tummy loves you for it. your body loves you for it too. i guess i should have just emailed you this book, eh? LOVE that baby!!