Tuesday, October 13, 2009

House Tour

Let's have a look around our house to see what we've been up to lately.

If you could shuffle through the grass in our front yard you might see some remnants of our picnic lunch aftermath. We've had a few picnics out there lately, the weather has been perfect. Probably the birds have gotten to most of it by now, but at one point there were grapes and popcorn all over the grass from the foodfight. It may or may not have actually been my idea. Usually I have a hard time letting loose but it was so fun to laugh and play with my kids. And the boys sure liked shoving grapes down my back. I will not tell you where I found a grape several hours later.

Enter the front door and we have our latest project. For now they're pushed against the wall until they find home in our closets. Yesterday the room looked like this:

Photobucket

Mark had the day off so we worked on our three month supply of food. Maybe I'll post more about this later. Because I have been so great at posting and everything.

But let's continue with the tour. The dining room has Dallin and Adam working on play-do. I was pleased because when Dallin asked to do play-do today I didn't tell him no I didn't want the mess, I told him he could when the dining room was clean. He didn't like the idea right away but once I left the room he begun the task. And they even cleaned up the play-do too without me asking. Wow. I know.

Amongst much clutter on the kitchen counter is the canned salsa I worked on with a friend this morning. I'm all grown up and learning to can. Tear. Someday I'll have the guts to do it without Nikki's help.

Photobucket

And what's this tied to the back door?


Photobucket
It's Adam's own amusement park ride. You see, you don't have to feel bad for never taking your kids to Disneyland because then they have the opportunity to create a Pull 'Em Back out of a bungie cord and a riding toy. And right now you are trying to figure out how to make an adult-size version. Me too.

Let's go past the ride and out the back door to the patio. What's this? Did the Smith family actually get a pet?


Photobucket

I guess the answer is yes. Though he will only be here when and if (BIG IF) he goes through metamorphosis. He's more of an "educational experience" for the kids.


Meet Robotic Happlesauce.


Photobucket

We found him leaving church on Sunday. It might have been meant to be because we went out a side door that doesn't get used very often and that's where we met him, crawling along the sidewalk. We stole a plastic cup from the kitchen in the name of science. We are hoping our limited knowledge (all found on the Internet) will be enough to sustain him until he becomes a moth. And if you're wondering about the name, so am I.


Thanks for humoring us. That completes the tour.

No comments: