Monday, April 26, 2010

Finally a Swingset


We are happy owners of a swingset.


Last week Mark and my brother-in-law Daryl picked this up from a lady in Paradise Valley who'd posted it on Craigslist.  I've spent a lot of time looking at swingsets on Craigslist for nearly six months now, so I kind of knew what to look for.  We went to Dana Playground to look at new ones before Christmas and saw this set there.  It's their smallest steel set at about $1,000.  We snagged it, 5 years old, for $200.  The deal with finding a deal on Craigslist: Get familiar with what you're looking for, then strike fast.  Oh, and don't be a sucker.  Mark and the neighbor cleared the rocks in the area and planted the thing in the ground with some cement on Saturday.  This morning Mark woke early to put the slide and swings on before work.  Things are wet in the picture because we'd just hosed it all down.  Someday we'll have some type of playground material on the ground.  For now it's dirt, but hooray!  We've been waiting for this swingset for a long time.

2 comments:

Bret said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you found one. I still feel so bad about your other Craiglist adventure with buying a swingset. So fun!

Liz said...

Yeah! I'm glad this one worked out. I had to click on the picture to make it full size to make sure that was Mark with the boys. Never seen him with facial hair before.