Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A big day for little O

Yesterday was a big day for Owen.  First, I noticed he had grown a new tooth, on the bottom next to the other two.  Then, he was trying to get something away from him on the tile floor and he outright crawled on hands and knees a foot and a half to get it.  That evening Mark left for a church meeting and Owen waved goodbye.  Oh my, my heart melts just thinking of that little wave.

These last couple of weeks Owen has gotten a lot stronger.  He can sit up easily from lying down.  If he has just the right thing to grab onto he can pull himself up to a shaky standing position.  He can pull himself across the floor army-crawl style.  I think if he gets a little more time on the tile he will crawl more--for some reason he is more likely to be on his hands and knees on the tile instead of the carpet. 

Owen's follow-up visit to the doctor is in about two weeks.  No update yet.  Just hoping and praying that tests results next time come back normal.  Feel free to pray for little O!  I feel like everything will be normal, but if he does end up having high triglycerides already as an infant we could have a lot to worry about in the future (heart disease, diabetes, etc). 

There was one morning when I had just nursed Owen and I was holding him on my lap, he was facing me.  I was just trying to soak him in and love him.  Dallin and Adam both came in the room and squeezed in as close as they could get to me on the couch, talking to their baby brother, stroking his head, grabbing his hands, and saying sweet things.  One of the older boys laughed about something and Owen started laughing.  For a couple of minutes we all took turns laughing and every time Owen would copy.  It's a simple thing but moments like that are the best moments of my life. 

3 comments:

mishalee said...

They grow so quick and it's bittersweet, isn't it? You want them to grow and learn, but you know you'll miss those baby moments...
We'll keep little mans health in our prayers.
Happy Mama's Day to you Marily!

melanddebby said...

PRAYERS work! You are in our thoughts & prayers! xxxxxxooooos to those sweet boys from Uncle Mel & Aunt Debby

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love sweet memories like the one you just described with your boys on the couch. That is just too precious. I'm sure Owen's results will come back fine, but will pray for him. Brandon and I will always be here for you and your wonderful family