Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ten Months


Today Owen, you are ten months old.  Ten months is getting quite close to a year which is hard to believe. 

Of course we love and adore you just as much as ever.  You are finally crawling around now, and just barely in the last couple of days really crawling across the house.  All of the sudden you are getting into things and making messes.  It's great actually.  Maybe because you were slower at crawling than your brothers, but I really am enjoying watching you move and even enjoying watching you get into stuff--for now. 

A few days ago I was feeding you in the living room and Dallin walked in.  You turned from what you were doing, saw him, and said, "da-ih" and all that were there--me, Dallin, and Dad--were pretty certain you were trying to say Dallin.  Sometimes I wonder if I am reading too much into things.  And sometimes I wonder if I am not giving you enough credit.

You are tired of baby food already.  Apparently I gave you table foods too fast because that is almost all you will eat now.  Tonight you had spaghetti for dinner and last night you had potatoes with cheese and sour cream. 

That gets us to the next point: you no longer seem to have a dairy allergy.  Yay!  I have really been enjoying myself eating things I haven't been able to eat for a good seven months.  This is a tangent but last weekend for date night Daddy and I watched a movie at home after you were in bed.  I drove down to Nielson's Frozen Custard and got us a quart of vanilla custard.  I was going to get berries in it then I saw butterscotch on the list and decided to try that.  Oh, my, it was awesome.  I definitely have a new favorite.  And fortunately you will someday be able to have some too. 

Monday we are going in for another blood test and hopefully this one will be normal.  Hopefully too you will have gained some weight in the last month.  All the dairy should have helped that one at least. 

You are loved little man, and you are like sunshine around here. 

No comments: