Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kinda on vacation

Yesterday started the beginning of Smith Family Staycation.  Mark's parents and siblings are all in on it--a week off from work and other responsibilities and time spent together.  We have Wet 'n' Wild, a trip to Flagstaff, the AZ Science Center, and much more planned.  Yesterday those able to went to the temple in the morning, then we all went bowling, took some family pictures, and had Five Guys for dinner.  Today the group is driving up Four Peaks and then off to some other activity before tonight when the adults only are going out to a nice dinner.  Blogging was kinda off limits for the week.  But since I am stuck at home with a sick baby I get to do whatever I want anyway.  I was hoping to be able to watch some TV and eat some junk food but since we don't have cable and I got tired of watching Julia Child on PBS Create and I don't really have junk food I am on the computer watching the first season of Design Star on Hulu and eating some dried cherries.  I would complain about having to eat the cherries instead of some ice cream or potato chips with french onion dip, but actually the cherries are pretty darn good.

Sounds like Owen settled down for a nap.  That is good news.  He does not seem to be horribly sick, just has a slight fever and he won't eat much.  It seemed best to let him stay home and sleep so he could be well enough for the rest of the activities this week, and hopefully later today.  I sent Mark and the boys off this morning not feeling too sorry for myself.  I had visions of taking a nap and working on some crafting while watching something on TV.  I already told you what happened to the TV and junk food dream, and since Owen hasn't really been sleeping until now the nap thing didn't work out either. 

Now that it's quiet around here I'm left with the decision

Catch up on my sleep?  (I'm horribly deprived)

Or Design Star and crafting? (I'm pretty craft-deprived also)

Which would you choose?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the staycation idea! I hope you don't miss out on all the fun. And I'm so glad you're helping with I heart Mesa. I love that website!