Monday, May 12, 2008

Home-Owners' Adventures

So, we have now been living in our new home for just over two weeks. I am so not on the ball at keeping this blog up-to-date. So, sorry to those of you who have checked back wondering what has been going on in our lives.... Things have been going great. We are really enjoying our home and are kind of settling in a little now. There are still boxes to unpack and still the occasional inconvenience of not knowing which box something is still packed in, but we are getting there. I figure if all I manage to do is unpack even just one box in a day, then eventually the boxes will all be unpacked. Right? We are kind of still living out of some boxes in our master bedroom since we still need to buy a dresser. We threw out our old splintering one when we moved and we haven't managed to replace it yet. Anyone know where we can buy a nice dresser for a bargain?
Saturday we bought a lawnmower. Actually we went on a shopping spree at Lowe's. Well, we had a 10% off coupon, so we bought a whole bunch of stuff at once. We dropped Dallin off at Primary activity day at 10am, rushed to the store and went through the aisles and got a bunch of things that we needed. Then we rushed back to pick him up just in time, at 11:30. Later that day, Mark and Dallin mowed our very first lawn for the very first time. That was pretty momentous for us after five years of apartment and townhome life. Silly me, I could've cried if I let myself. It is really something to see my boys playing outside in our own backyard. When we moved in the lawn was beige and dead, and already, with just two weeks of watering it is fairly green. It makes me smile to look out the window at the greening grass. What is it about plants that elicit so much satisfaction? Not to mention these cute guys...


I had this vision of three square picture frames with black-and-white pictures of our boys on a wall in our family room. I'd talked about what I was going to do some day with Mark and so for Mother's Day he had the pictures done for me! He chose and enlarged three photos, put them in the frames, and even had some custom mats made. I was so impressed. I know, I know, you are all jealous of my husband's skills. Here is what they look like on our wall:
We'd love to have you over if you'd like to see our house!!!

1 comment:

Bret said...

Hey Smith family we miss you already. Wow a lawn, seriously I can't wait to be out of the condo life and have my own house. When is Mark scheduled to take his last CPA test? I pushed my last section until August. I'll have to check in on your blog every once in a while to keep in touch.