Monday, May 12, 2008

Fun Times for Dallin

Our little Dallin is growing up so fast!! A couple of days ago he went to a primary activity day in our new ward. They asked the kids to dress up as missionaries and they got to go on a "plane ride" and travel to different countries. Before he left for the activity we took these pictures.



Today he went to a birthday party for our next-door neighbor, Jimmy. Dallin was so excited to go. He was in the bathroom getting dressed into his swimming suit and I could hear him talking to himself: "Yeah! Water games! That is fun! And.....AWESOME!!" I just LOVE his enthusiasm about life. Why don't I ever let myself get that excited about anything?


He colored the wrapping paper and wrapped Jimmy's gift all by himself. Then, I wrote Jimmy's name and Dallin's name on a separate paper as an example and Dallin copied it as best he could on his gift. In this picture you can see some of the letters for "Jimmy" scattered around, and "Dallin" is almost readable. Pretty good for 3 1/2 I think! When he got home from the party he was telling Mark and I all about it. Take a lesson from Dallin and get so excited about something today that you yell, "Yeah!"








1 comment:

Tanya Leigh said...

LOL! okay, I wlil totally take your advice because I, too, LOVE how excited kids can get about simple things. Time for a play date at the AMY ... "YEAH!"