Friday, January 9, 2009

Unloading and Ode to Iris

It's been a bit, but here are a few pictures from recently (or not so recently).
For Christmas, I made my very first batch of tamales for Mark to keep in the freezer at work. We had his brother also to get a gift for so he also got a batch.

Soaking the chiles and cooking the pork:
Photobucket

Tying and filling:
Photobucket

A little cramp in our New Year's Holiday:
Photobucket
A 16-year-old driver turned left out of a gas station and Ooops! There was a car coming. Our car to be more specific. Doesn't look too bad, but it's totaled. We are still looking for a replacement. Good thing we didn't cancel that rental car reimbursement on our insurance like we talked about a few weeks ago.... Oh, and Cookies and Cream milkshakes to make everyone feel better about the whole thing.

This last week our niece Iris was in town while my sister and her husband were on their honeymoon. Dallin loves Iris and had such a great time having her spend the night and hang out with him so much. They even got to sleep in the Star Wars tent THREE times!

We found a great, kid-friendly "hike" to take the kids on at Usery Pass. It's one mile long with a park halfway through, stroller-friendly, and perfect for little kids. Even 2-year-old Adam walked most of the way.

Photobucket
On backs: backpacks for holding water. In hand: a container for catching lizards.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Do I like it or not like it that at only 12 weeks I'm already starting to show? Hmmmm...watch out.

Yesterday, after going out to lunch with Amanda, David, and Iris, and saying goodbye as they left for Texas, we were driving home and Dallin saw a moving truck next to us. He asked me what kind of truck it was and I told him it was a moving truck and reminded him about when we moved and rented one. He then said something like this:

"When this house gets old, can we get one of those moving trucks and drive it to Texas and get a house in Texas? Because then we can know where Iris lives."

Photobucket
The End.

9 comments:

simplyshye said...

YES - YES - YES !!!! I LOve that you are 12 weeeks and starting to show !! hiphip hoooray - so so cute you are ! i love you !!!

Bekah Jennings said...

I hadn't read for awhile--but I subscribed to your blog tonight to fix that--and didn't know you were pregnant. Wow--me, you and Kathryn all at the same time. You look great.

Hannah said...

What day were you on the Merkle trail? We hiked it on my birthday and decided to try the trail right down the middle and over the top. It was challenging for them but so fun!

Carolyn said...

You look very cute pregnant--I think it is great you are starting to show. We live Usery park as well--it is very famiy freindsly and it is really pretty there. You have inspired me to get our fam out there again!

Chris and Andrea said...

I just found your blog. Congratulations on the pregnancy, you look great!

Andrea (Tellez) Ulmer

Tanya Leigh said...

Ooo, talking of tamales always makes me want one. Those look yummy! I'll need a tutorial soon :)

Anonymous said...

I don't see much of anything around the belly area, but nice try! Sorry about the car, but way to go on the great attitude!

becki said...

Hahaha. I am laughing because you think you are showing. how bout NOT. You are so skinny, I LOVE it! Congrats by the way!

Amanda, David and Iris Linae said...

Awwww that is so cute! I have never seen these pictures before and they are so cute!