Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Summer Baby

I haven't really posted much about my pregnancy and so I thought that, uh, I would. Here are a few random things.

Currently I am 15 weeks. My due date is July 20th. Or is it the 21st? I figured one day and the doctor another, I think he says the 21st, and I say the 20th. In three weeks I have THE ultrasound, and yes we will most likely find out the gender of the baby. With Adam we didn't. This time though we actually have a separate nursery for the baby and would like to make some preparations if we are having a girl. I'm not sure, but I have the feeling that my body doesn't make girls.

Here's the pregnancy counter.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

We'll leave it here. You can search pregnancy counter on my blog or something if you're that interested in keeping tabs. That's what I plan on doing. For me, 173 days seems really long. With both of my boys I was never one to get too impatient for the baby to come and was fine waiting until whenever was the right time. I'm trying my best to just enjoy being pregnant and not get too anxious, hence, no ticker on the sidebar. I'm weird, I know.

There is a question I have already gotten at least 20 (30?) times, so if you are reading this, I might as well answer it:

Are you hoping for a girl? And I will answer it by saying that I don't like answering that question. First, any woman with two boys would like to have a girl. Second, I have no choice in the matter. Why yearn for a girl when it is beyond my power to change the sex of my child? And, I would never want my little boy to find out that at one point Mom wished he was a girl. So I'd prefer to give a vague answer and leave it there.

And having a summer baby is going to be fantastic. I don't care what time of year I am pregnant. Summer in the desert is hot. Pregnant or not. Get it? Air conditioning is a great blessing in this day of technology. After two September babies I still haven't sworn off being pregnant in the summer. Though at least this child won't be in the awkward position of being a September birthday for school reasons. When to start kindergarten? Almost five? Almost six? It's enough to drive a mom crazy. Not dads. Dads are more level-headed and opinionated about that kind of stuff. But I'd prefer July to September for that reason.

I can think of a few more random thoughts like what will happen to Birthday Season? But those will have to wait for another day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your thoughts. You are most fascinating, and hilarious.

Bekah Jennings said...

Yeah that you have room for a separate nursery! I hate the question people direct to Warren, "Are you sad it's a girl?" or "Don't you want a brother?" Actually, he hadn't thought much about it until people asked him! Birthday season--I guess that's what Warren, Abigail and I have in May, all within 2 weeks of each other.

Jasmine said...

You are so funny!

Mom's da Bomb! said...

Birthday Season - I was thinking about that when you told us your due date. How about changing it to Boy Birthday Season if this one is a girl? It could work.

simplyshye said...

I love how you put things too . It is so funny -- and so perfect ! Marily - i just love you !! it was so good to see you tonight -yes -yes - we do need to plan a dinner - fur sure :-)