Thursday, July 3, 2008

Muffin Mounds

I have made a great discovery. Recently I got an email from PreparedPantry.com that solved my muffin problems. I always end up with flat, wimpy-looking muffins until I learned these tricks. Maybe these tips will solve your muffins problems too. That is, if you care about it as much as I do.

1. Fill your muffin tin all the way, not 2/3 of the way.

2. Use batter that is spoonable, not pourable.

3. Start your oven at 425 degrees. Bake your muffins for 6-8 minutes, then turn the heat down to whatever the recipe calls for. The extra heat will produce the steam necessary to shoot those muffin tops up.

So, folks, those are the secrets. Maybe none of you care. But, then again it is MY blog, isn't it? :)

1 comment:

K said...

Marily -- Hi. This is Karyn, Kathryn's sis -- linked your blog from hers. Anyways... those are some HOT muffin tips, and I DO CARE. Made muffins today. They tasted mighty fine, but I am very much looking forward to adding some volume next time. THANKS!