Tuesday, July 7, 2009

38 weeks

Countdown to baby: 6 days

38 weeks

This little guy has the lucky privilege of actually having a nursery of his own. When Dallin was born we had one bedroom, when Adam was born we had two bedrooms, and now we have three bedrooms. We made the transition to shared rooms for the older boys a few months ago and now we have a nursery. Everything except for the crib was leftover from the older boys. We added a crib we found on Craigslist and a new gingham sheet and called it good. After we washed the newborn clothes we were surprised how few we had. Makes sense though, considering a lot of the clothes were handed down through two cousins then my own two boys. I guess I got rid of more things than I thought I did. So a few weeks ago I bought a few items of clothes and other newborn necessities. And I might find some time to squeeze in a decorative project for the nursery by the end of the week.

Lately I have been making a lot of freezer meals. I am not very creative anymore. I guess I have been feeling the nesting instinct, but it mainly has come out with this one question: What else can I freeze?

Are you interested at all?

Here is what we have in the freezer--all home made thank you:

  • Whole wheat bread
  • Chicken strips and breaded chicken patties for sandwiches
  • Italian meatballs (for spaghetti and meatballs or meatball subs)
  • Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
  • Meatloaf cups (I used my own recipe, but followed these instructions)
  • Chicken and Black Bean Taco Filling
  • Macaroni and Cheese (I don't know how this freezes yet, but I was trying for something kid-friendly)
  • Refried beans
  • Taco meat for tacos or taco salad

I also plan on doing some mashed potatoes to go with our meatloaf cups, some pizza pockets with premade crust from Fresh and Easy, sloppy joe meat and jambalaya pasta. It's not too difficult if you just double dinner one night and put half of it in the freezer. But still, I might have gotten out of control.

Although I think it will be worth it next month.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baked ziti freezes well, homemade chicken pot pie, freeze some chicken with marinade so that you just have to thaw it and cook it (lemon garlic chicken from mykitchencafe.blogspot is good), If you have a pressure canner, canned meat can be used for tacos, burritos, eggrolls, bbq sandwiches, quasadillas. Sounds like you have a lot of good stuff already!

Burgess said...

Wow, I guess by the third you learn to be prepared! I like the American theme in the nursery. You're huge! (I know, all pregnant women LOVE to hear that). But I think it's cute. I know it's probably really late in the game and I should've told you this earlier, but Zane wants to practice his photography skills on a pregnant woman (he's never done that yet). If you guys want to do a family/pregnant shoot on Saturday morning, let me know. He'd love to.

Burgess said...

P.S. it would have to be EARLY, since it's so stinkin' hot right now, but it will be worth it, I promise. And it's free. You can't beat free.

Burgess said...

I'm so glad you want to do it! We'll think of something good, unless you have some ideas (and he for sure DOES NOT want to do the bare belly shots! Uncomfortable for everyone involved!). I don't think I have your number anymore but my email is ewtonfamily@msn.com so email me your number and I'll call you tomorrow (I have to work tonight).
So excited for this! It will be so fun!

Tanya Leigh said...

Look at you go, Marily! I'll have to follow suit. If you want a night out w/ Mark this weekend, we're babysitting :)

Tanya Leigh said...

lol. are you having your kids take your prego shots too? That picture looks about Adam's height ;)

Our Paper Plates said...

I am going to do freezer meals too. Great minds think alike :) You look great and I can't wait to see pictures of your newest addition when he arrives! Until then, I'll continue to blog-stalk you :)