Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finally...a project

I have always considered myself somewhat crafty. Recently I realized I've been fooling myself. Because, you see, crafty people CRAFT. And it's been awhile.

My sister Bethany's nursery inspired me to make her a gift. Finally I had a good enough reason to make something. Here's how it went:
I found some cute pictures of little girls online and filled them in to make silhouettes. Some of the pictures looked better as silhouettes than others:

Ballerina seemed to loose her girl-next-door innocence once those lines and patterns were gone.

Here are the supplies for my project:

And here are the finished products:
I was going to have the pictures printed but in the end decided on cutting out then tracing then painting them right on the paper. The baby's room is going to be pink, red, and green with ladybugs, flowers, etc. Hopefully these will fit right in.

If you are interested, here are a couple of vintage clipart sites I found: ONE and TWO.

Where else can you find nice pictures like this

Socrates--------------------------------------------------------->




<----------------------------Camarina jellyfish









As well as beautiful things like these...








7 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh my! Those are PRECIOUS! Thanks for sharing those! I will be copying your idea soon :)

Mom's da Bomb! said...

I really did LOVE the way the pictures for Heidi's room turned out. They are beautiful, and will look perfect. You are more of an artist, than a crafter, just so you know. And the oohs and aahs at the baby shower were well-deserved. It's just another great example of your artistic ability and creativity.

mishalee said...

MARILY!!! Those are BEE-UTIFUL!!! Great job!

Carolyn said...

Very cute--at first when you said "the baby" I thought you were talking about YOUR baby and I was like, "Did I miss something?!?!" I'm sure your siter will love them!

John and Anna said...

What a cute idea, Marily! Way to go! (Thanks for saying Hi when you visited my blog, so I could come see yours. Fun!)
Anna

Bethany said...

I definitely LOVE the artwork!! They will look fantastic in her nursery. We appreciate the love and hard work you've put into them. What a great gift!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! that is so awesome! i am in love with them. what a great idea!