Sunday, November 2, 2008

How I Intend To Vote: Nonpartisan Races

Maricopa County Special Health Care District
Greg Patterson!

Patterson is precisely the type of person who would do a great job at this! He's a former state legislator, has experience working with the Corporation Commission, is a CPA, and is working on a law degree. He understands how local government works--who the players are, how to get things done, etc. Most importantly he is guided by solid principles of good government. A real conservative, he will make sure your tax money is put to good use. Wanna know how and what he thinks? His blog (the top political blog about Arizona politics) http://espressopundit.com/ has a few years of his philosophy and opinions up for public view.

Mesa School Governing Board Members
Unsure.
I really can't find a lot of info on these candidates. And I've made the mistake before of voting for the respected family friend only to later be very disappointed in that person's judgement while in office. Do any of you have the DL on who would really be good at this job? (Am I really cool enough to use texting shorthand like "DL"?) Please share!

What does the school board do? The Mesa Schools website explains it.

I've read the statements from the candidates, but, with the exception of Kate Ali'Varius, the statements are all very general and didn't help me get to the nitty-gritty. I know someone who knows Ben Whiting and says that he's a good guy. I've seen blog comments from Lance Entrekin that indicate his political conservatism. Steven Peterson is endorsed by current board member Lynn Burnham, so that may be enough for me to vote for Peterson.

No comments: