Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thinking big

~Dallin in Flagstaff where we were collecting signatures for petitions in 2006~


Someone once said "Ordinary people have great ideas. Great people follow through with their great ideas."

Okay, well maybe that someone was me. I've been working on that one for a few weeks now, but I don't know if I have quite the perfect wording yet. Any suggestions? :)

Our work on the Marriage Amendment has taught me a few things. Mostly, it has taught me that everyone can make a difference. Anyone can do great things if they work hard enough. I learned that I can work past feelings of inadequacy or fear and still accomplish things that terrify me. You can too, as I know you all have done this.

Thank you all for your help and support. You helped us accomplish some of the most lofty goals we've ever made and you were answers to our prayers.

I have a great teammate! Mark and I work well together and motivate and inspire eachother. I remember moments talking with him about what we could do for this cause we believed so strongly in. I remember coming up with an idea and then getting that nervous feeling which could have squelched our good ideas. But somehow we dismissed those feelings and followed through.

You can do great things too!

My friend Karlie ran a marathon.
Camille decided she had to do something to help her cousin when her husband passed away.
Kathryn thought it would be great if there was a website that talked about what was going on here in Mesa, Arizona.
Rebekah took three kids in a triple stroller to Paris, France for the entire summer.
Becki started her own business.

You are inspiring to me.

I am honestly looking forward to what you all--not just the five mentioned above--will accomplish throughout your lives. I am honored to to know you.

What else will you do?

Feel free to share :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your hard work for Prop 102! Yay!

Our Paper Plates said...

I didnt shave my legs for 1.5 years on my mission. That was pretty brave :) And gross. Now you will never look at me the same..

Amy said...

Marily! How awesome! I didn't know you were that involved in promoting prop 102! Good for you guys! Are you still in my sis's ward? I can't remember. It's great see you're doing so well! Would you mind if I add you as a blogging buddy?