Sunday, November 30, 2008

What's on my camera that I can turn into a Thankful Post?

26. Children. I love the innocence and utter cuteness of youth. These little guys of mine fill my life with joy. A while back I was reading "Touch and Feel Kittens" with Adam. There were two kittens on a particular page we were reading. Adam pointed to the larger of the two and said, "Momma cat." Then he pointed to the smaller cat and said, "Adam cat." Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I pretty much think that is his way of saying he loves me.

27. Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving--it's one of the few big holidays I can think of that is completely innocent and non-commercialized. It's all about spending time eating good food with the people you love and of course being grateful. Sweet.

Our friends the Jennings hosted a Thanksgiving Day parade in their neighborhood and were kind enough to invite us along.


Makes you wish you had a neighborhood like that? Well, I suppose you can if you host your own Thanksgiving Day parade.

28. My husband. Man, I sure did a good job when I chose to marry Mark. How could I have known then that he was even greater than I thought he was? Good thing I didn't mess that one up. He is an example to me of hard work and dedication. He is supportive of me and my goals and interests. He is a loving dad who makes sure to enjoy his children and give them the attention and love that they need. And he does the dishes. And he rubs my shoulders whenever I ask him to. Wow.


Dallin took this picture. And I bet you wouldn't have been able to help yourself either. "Daddy, say CHEESE!"

29. Life. I am grateful to be alive. I am grateful for the joyful moments that add depth to my life.

30. Work. I am thankful for work and the ability to work. It's satisfying to finish a hard job and see the results of your labor. Today we got in the car and this sense of peace and satisfaction came over me....We'd cleaned the car out yesterday. Complete with a thorough vacuuming and scrubbing the upholstery. Nice.

Gotta love how Dallin is posing for a glamour shot while wedged down in there.

I am also thankful that Mark has a good job and is able to provide for our family. He works hard. Lately it is not uncommon for me to wake up with the boys in the wee hours of the morning an hour before the sun has come up and Mark has already left for work. I am also thankful that his friend Coy who has been working off and on at his office will be back "on" tomorrow. Mark is grateful when Coy is at work with him. And that makes for a happier husband.

No comments: