Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thirty Days of Thanks

My friend Shye issued the challege of posting something to be grateful for every day for the month of November. I can't totally commit to every day, but I'll at least make up for any days I miss. Well, here goes....

Day One: grateful for...opportunity
I am grateful that I was born in a time and in a place and with great influences that amount to such amazing opportunity. The world is open to me to do whatever it is that I want to do. Knowledge and education are at my fingertips and with a few clicks I can learn the answers to nearly every question I could come up with. I have also been blessed with health that does not inhibit me from whatever it is that I want in life. Other things that open doors to me are my freedom, an inspiring husband, great teachers, and faith in Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Mom's da Bomb! said...

Great idea! Thank Shye for the suggestion. I'm taking the "30 Days of Thanks" challenge, too.

More than anything, I'm thankful for my family, and for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the knowledge it gives me that I can have my family with me forever.

All my life I wanted to me a mother. I am so grateful that the Lord blessed me with such Amazing Children, and with all my imperfections, He gave me all the help I needed to raise you. I'm grateful that all in our family are strong and healthy. I'm grateful that you all are close to each other.

I'll save the rest for succeeding days.

I'm also grateful for this great idea! ;-)